Friday, June 24, 2011

Week in review

Correspondence with the proprietor at It's Just A Ride helped me arrive at my new summer's resolution: Less time on the internet, more time playing music; more time listening to others, less time listening to myself. This week I took a decent stab in that direction. In keeping with a discussion at Back Towards The Locus, the first single will be entitled "My own private John Carpenter soundtrack."

What the Tee Vee taught still teaches.

MikeB shared this with me and asked if I might share it with you.

I couldn't be happier to see Ethan and the Baronette back in action at 6th or 7th -- but shouldn't it be 7th or 8th?

The good news: I spotted another person wearing Crocs in Philadelphia. The bad news: She was between 12th and 13th on Sansom, sleeping on the sidewalk. Crocs have street cred.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Thanks! As I'm opposed to "progress" I couldn't in good conscience raise the numbers.

Funny you should mention John Carpenter, I just today got to him in my alphabetical music-listening thing.

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered bandcamp, which I like...but 50, so maybe it's old news.

http://bandcamp.com/tag/alternative